Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Annual Report

 

Sewing Fabric used 2011:  1/2 yard, to make a cushion for Mr. B’s wheelchair.  It wasn’t comfortable enough and we threw it into the recycling bin and bought one from Amazon.

I also flung 37 yards of fashion fabric on Freecycle in December.  That was all from one shelf in my sewing room closet; it looks neater but not much emptier.  I have two shelves left and will probably be able to fling many more yards this year.

That means I still have about 300 yards of fashion fabric remaining.  Plus all that is packed away and didn’t get counted. 

Quilting Fabric used 2011:  about 15 yards (can’t find my note from the Stashbusters 100 yard Dash from the Stash database and the 2011 file has been deleted to make way for 2012).

This was augmented by the quilt I finished for my step-sister Sharon in Indiana. 

021

This was a UFO started back in about 2002.  I finally pulled it out this fall and quilted it for her.  Other than that, I think I finished one catnapper and made an apron and a tote bag for Mr. B’s walker using quilt fabric.

I did manage to fold and count yardage for two shelves of quilt fabric.  It amounted to 299.75 yards which did not include fat quarters, fabric stored with UFO and current projects, fabric stored in boxes (patriotic, chicken, and muslin), and scraps (many of which are 1/2 yard pieces).

I know that’s a lot of fabric, probably more than I can use in my lifetime, but it means that I can sew a quilt using fabric I already own (most of which was purchased for $2-5 per yard) instead of having to go to the quilt shop and pay the current price of about $10 per yard.

Thread spools emptied 2011:  12, of which 1 was a wooden spool.

017

Kind of pitiful for a full year but I lost several months to ill health – mine and Mr B’s. 

I’m currently working on Orca Bay which is Bonnie K. Hunter’s 2011 mystery quilt.  We started in mid-November and the final clue was published on New Year’s Eve.  I was behind the whole time and I still haven’t finished the top.  But I’m really enjoying the process.  Last time I posted I was working on her 2010 quilt Roll Roll Cotton Boll.  I managed to finish the top minus the borders just before Orca Bay started but now it’s going to have to wait a while.

005

I have also pulled some UFOs that are ready for quilting and plan to start basting this week.  More on that later.

1 comment:

  1. You are a "no reply" blogger so I could not reply to your email. The brand I use is June Taylor. It is an aerosol spray. I don't know of any that use a pump sprayer.

    ReplyDelete