Sunday, August 2, 2015

Easy Street Revisited


21/2 years later:
Just finished basting Easy Street and have decided how to quilt it.  But I won't be starting until I finish basting Melanie's Medallion, Mosaic Tiles baby quilt and maybe half a dozen catnappers.  I have to put the large folding table up in the living room for basting, so I like to do as many pieces as I can while it's up.  
Easy Street will be my third Bonnie Hunter quilt to be finished.  Orca Bay is on the guest room bed and Celtic Solstice was just completed a few weeks ago.  Roll Roll Cotton Bowl, Orange Crush, and Grand Illusion are still being pieced.  My goal is to get them all to the ready-to-baste stage before Bonnie starts releasing her 2015 mystery quilt the day after Thanksgiving.
Meanwhile I've also been some time garment sewing.  I made a pair of calf-length knit pants from Vogue 8929.  It has some very unusual piecing and I thought the finished product would probably be going into the charity bag.  However, it ended up fitting well and I'm quite comfortable wearing it, although I haven't dared to wear it in public yet.
In fact, I'm thinking of making another view of this pattern in the fall.
I've also made two knit tops and a madras top.  The madras top's sleeves were too snug and I ripped out the shoulder seam so I can add a gusset.  If that works out I will alter the pattern and make it again because the rest of the garment fits well.


No comments:

Post a Comment